12-week Landscape with Figures
Member: $210 (with member discount coupon)
Mondays 7-9:30pm EST. Sept 27 - December 13, 2021
The program will spotlight landscape paintings which include human figures. We will learn how to capture the observers’ interest, how to change the shapes and values in the landscape in order to create a better balance, and how to enhance our storytelling skills. (While this program will be taught using watercolor, these skills are relevant to any medium.)
This program will help you in the following areas:
- How to define shapes, values and colors in a landscape
- How to create space with aerial perspective
- How to enhance the balance and design by modifying composition
- How to capture the essence of a figure in motion
- How to compose figures in a landscape painting
- How to use light, shadow and cast shadow
- How to suggest story and meaning
This program is designed for all levels of ability. It will improve your painting techniques, help you expand your creativity, connect your art with storytelling, and mature you as an artist.
In this program, you will have an experience similar to a remote, college-level, learning environment. A dedicated website will contain weekly learning content, references, and homework suggestions. Each week, Yong will discuss the important details of techniques being used and outline the focus of practice sessions. The interactive classes will lead you in learning and painting at your own pace, so you experience productive and positive progress throughout the program.
If you have to miss a class, don’t worry. The full videos of our Zoom class meetings will be uploaded to the class website for your easy review and study.
When you have completed your homework assignments, upload them to the Sharing Center with dedicated keyword. Class members are encouraged to share suggestions and technique reminders to each other. There will also be homework review sessions where Yong will give suggestions for individual improvement.
Scheduled class time is based on Boston, Massachusetts’ time zone (EST).
Classes will be held on Zoom. Both audio and camera are to be on during the class. Please be sure both are working.
Refunds will only be honored for email cancellation requests made 3 days (72 hours) in advance of the first class, using the email firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will not be generated for any reason after this time. No refunds will be honored for no shows, forgetting, technical problems, etc.
Screen shots containing images of class members or the professor may not be reproduced in any form, as it is against the law.
Recommended equipment for the Interactive learning experience: Adjustable Mounted Holder for iPad/phone
- Permits easier communication between teacher and students, as issues can be observed in real time.
- Allows easy viewing of your work station by the other students and the teacher
- Effortlessly permits you to show your work during critique sessions
- Frees your hands to display projects while working
Available from Amazon using this link: https://amzn.to/2DLIVHK